[Patch 1.2.2] Some information has been updated.
Amongst other new features and items implemented in Patch 1.2 - Legacy, PvE wise, Bioware implemented new commendations which can be used to buy new equipment. These are the Black Hole Commendations. They can be used to buy Black Hole Equipment that was implemented in the latest major patch.
These commendations drop from multiple sources in the PvE world after completing the folowing missions:
1. Corellia Black Hole [Weekly] Black Hole Crisis - 6 Black Hole Commendations / Week
2. [Weekly] Rakghoul Conflicts - 8 Black Hole Commendations / WeekTo get this reward you need to complete the following flashpoints:
3. [Weekly] Galactic Crisis Points - 8 Black Hole Commendations / Week
To get this reward you need to:
4. [Weekly] The Nightmare Pilgrim - 4 Black Hole Commendations / Week
To get this reward you need to:
5. Story Mode Explosive Conflicts(Denova) operation:
- 2 Black Hole Commendations / boss (there are 4 bosses), 4 per chest (there are 3 chests in total)
6. Hard Mode Explosive Conflicts(Denova) operation:
- 4 Black Hole Commendations / boss, 4 per chest
7. Nightmare Mode Karagga's Palace operation:
|Nr.||Commendation Source||Number of Commendations|
|1||[Weekly] Black Hole Crisis||6|
|2||[Weekly] Rakghoul Conflicts||8|
|3||[Weekly] Galactic Crisis Points||8|
|4||[Weekly] The Nightmare Pilgrim||4|
|5||Story Mode Explosive Conflicts(Denova) operation||20|
|6||Hard Mode Explosive Conflicts(Denova) operation||28|
|7||Nightmare Mode Karagga's Palace operation||12|
|Total Commendations / Week||86|
As seen in the table above, the maximum number of commendations per week is 86 Black Hole commendations. To gain this maximum amount of commendations, besides the weekly quests, you need to do the specified operation in Story and Hard mode in one week.
To see how this translates to item costs, let's go to the next chapter.
As stated above, Black Hole Commendations are used to purchase Black Hole items that were introduced in the 1.2 patch - Legacy.
These items can be bought from the Campaign and Black Hole Vendors that can be found on Imperial and Republic Fleet in the Supplies Quarter.
The name of these items differ from the Columni/Rakata/Campaign ones as follows:
|Black Hole Bulwark's MK-1||War Leader||Tank|
|Black Hole Pummeler's MK-1||Vindicator||DPS|
|Black Hole Foestopper's MK-1||Weaponmaster||DPS|
|Black Hole Duelist's MK-1||Survivor||Tank|
|Black Hole Striker's MK-1||Stalker||DPS|
|Black Hole Force-lord's MK-1||Force-Master||DPS|
|Black Hole Force-healer's MK-1||Force-Mystic||Healer|
|Black Hole Demolisher's MK-1||Supercommando||Tank|
|Black Hole Boltblaster's MK-1||Eliminator/Combat Tech||DPS|
|Black Hole Med-tech's MK-1||Combat Medic||Healer|
|Black Hole Trapper's MK-1||Field Tech/Enforcer||DPS|
|Black Hole Mender's MK-1||Field Medic||Healer|
|Slot||Item BH Commendation cost|
As you can see, 495 Black Hole commendations are needed to gear your character with full Black Hole equipment (except the main hand weapon and relics). This gear looks the same as the Campaign equipment, has different stats and doesn't have set bonuses.
Doing a simple math, you can see that gearing you character with Black Hole items takes aproximately 6 weeks.